To order by phone or get more info call us at +1 (425) 271-8950
A Russian pearl-set gold horseshoe brooch, St. Petersburg, before 1880. The brooch constructed as two arches with fine net between, the front set with seed pearls, contained in a fitted box of St. Petersburg jeweler & luxury retailer Nicholls & Plincke. Struck on pin & catch with indistinct maker’s marks & 56 gold standard. 1 ¼ in. h x 1 in. w. (3.5 x 2.5 cm).
The Magasin Anglais founded by Charles Nicholls & William Plincke was the most fashionable shop in which to purchase luxuries in St. Petersburg & was one of the primary suppliers of table silver to the Imperial court from the 1830s to 1880. The store was located on Nevsky Prospect no. 16 at the corner ofBolshaya Morskaya Street, later home to Fabergé & other Imperial court jewelers.
Subscribe to receive our newsletter and new acquisitions