An exceptionally rare Russian porcelain cabinet cup and saucer made by the Imperial Porcelain Factory, ST Petersburg, period of Elizabeth Petrovna, circa 1750. Both the cup and saucer painted with reserves of cherubs having a dove and quiver of arrows in the clouds against a blue ground with gilt foliate lattice and flower heads. Height of cup: 2 3/4″ (7 cm). Diameter of saucer: 5 5/8″ (14.3 cm). Condition: There is extensive wear to the decoration of the saucer. The handle of the cup was repaired with metal parts long ago.
Subscribe to receive our newsletter and new acquisitions