To order by phone or get more info call us at +1 (425) 271-8950
A Russian porcelain plate from the additions to the Farm Palace Banquet Service, Imperial Porcelain Factory, Saint Petersburg, period of Alexander III (1881-1894), 1831. Centered with the gilt, floriated initial A surmounted by a grand ducal crown, cypher of Grand Duke Alexander Nikolaevich (the future Emperor Alexander II), the borders with profusely ornamented scrolls on a powder blue ground. The reverse with gilt band about the foot & green underglaze mark of Alexander III dated 1893. Diameter: 9 7/8″.
The Farm Palace, located in the gardens of the Imperial residence Peterhof, was completed by Court architect Andrei Shtakenshneider between 1838-1839, primarily as a residence for Grand Duke & Heir to the Throne Alexander Nikolaevich (later Alexander II). The porcelain Banquet Service was begun in 1840 & intended for use at the residence. It became the favorite summer retreat for Alexander II & his family as well as Alexander III. The continued use of the home meant that additions to the set had to be made in the reigns of Alexander II (1855-1881) & Alexander III (1881-1894).
Subscribe to receive our newsletter and new acquisitions